+ 353 (0)53 9175481 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking Protect from Relax Ireland Holidays
Relax Ireland Holidays are very pleased to partner with Booking Protect to help protect you and your family in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Your holiday reservation becomes non refundable 6 weeks (42 days) prior to arrival. We therefore recommend that you include refund protection with your reservation.
This will protect you in the event of having to cancel because of an accident, unexpected illness, or travel disruption, along with other unforeseen, unavoidable circumstances.
A full list of what this is covered along with full terms and conditions will be emailed to you and you would have a 14 day cooling off period should you change your mind.
FAQs on Booking Protect
Can I have some further information about Booking Protect and the Romero Group?
Booking Protect was incorporated on 31 March 2014. It is part of the Romero Group, which has been incorporated since 30 April 1997. As a group, Romero employs over 150 people in the UK and is fully regulated by the FCA. The group have won a number of awards including awards for claims service, which is the same team that handle Booking Protect refund applications.
At what points can the guest purchase refund protection?
At the moment, refund protection can be purchased at the time the initial booking is made and paid for in full. We will shortly be adding an option for the guest to have a second chance to take the product out at the point of paying the full outstanding balance for their booking.
Is it an insurance product? Do I need special qualifications to be able to sell it?
This product is not a regulated insurance product as there is no contract of insurance being set up between the insurer and the end customer. There is therefore no requirement by the FCA to be regulated in order to sell it. You are essentially just offering an extended set of terms and conditions to your customers for a fee. There is therefore there is no need for any qualifications.
Who’s it underwritten by?
We use specialist insurers including UK General Insurance Ltd and Lloyds of London.
What are the benefits of offering Booking Protect refund protection to our guests?
The primary benefit is that guests who purchase refund protection can rest safe in the knowledge that they'll receive a 100% refund if they have to cancel their booking due to specified unforeseen circumstances outside of their control.
Who pays the guest’s refund?
Booking Protect refunds the guest directly, Details on where to go to make a claim are included in the automated confirmation email your customer will receive. For all refund please visit www.Bookingprotect.com where there is a ‘refund’ option.
Who handles refund applications?
Booking Protect’s award-winning in-house team handles all refund applications directly. We do not outsource to third-party claims administrators. This way, we ensure your guests receive an exceptional service. We do utilise outsource language / translation support to handle refund applications that are outside the core European Languages (English, French, German and Spanish).
How quickly do you deal with a guest’s refund application?
We endeavor to respond to guests as soon as possible in order to deliver the best possible service. Our service level agreement is 100% of guests responded to within 48 hours. Providing the guest has given all the information requested in the refund application form then that normally means that we can accept the refund and issue payment within 48 hours!
How long does it take you to pay the guest their refund?
All refund applications are processed within 48 hours of receipt if all the required information has been received. If successful the customer receives immediate notification that their refund will be sent to their nominated Bank Account within 7 days. Whilst a lot of customers do receive their funds immediately, this will depend on the financial institutions the customer banks with, the country and currency.
What if the guest’s refund application is not successful?
The vast majority of refund applications are successful. However, there are instances where the guest will apply for a refund for circumstances that are not part of the refund guarantee. We always inform the guest immediately with a clear explanation of why their refund application was unsuccessful.
What happens to the booking if the guest is refunded before the booking start date?
We generally pass the booking back to you and this can then be reallocated or resold.
How much information does Booking Protect need?
We only take very simple data through both API & File Transfer Processes. These are the same in both cases and are outlined below:
- Customer Name
- Reference Number
- Booking Date
- Use Date (Event Date/Date of Travel)
- Product (Ticket, Accommodation, etc)
Who takes the guest’s payment for refund protection?
Relax Ireland collect the guest's payment, we as the administrator for the selected insurance company will collect their share of the revenue and as your administrator will collect the cost for our services.
The following words or phrases have the meaning shown below wherever they appear in bold in this document.
You/Your/Yourself – A person who has made a booking alone or as part of a group with us.
Doctor – A qualified medical practitioner registered with a recognised professional body. A doctor cannot be you or a member of your immediate family.
Emergency Services – The Police, Fire and Rescue Service or Emergency Medical Services.
Booking/Booked event – The pre-planned and pre-booked service(s)/event(s)/ticket(s) including booking and service fees transacted with us by you.
Group– Any number of people who have made a booking with us with Booking Refund Protection in the same transaction.
Illness – A physical or mental condition confirmed by a doctor that prevents you from attending the booked event.
Immediate family – Your husband, wife, partner, civil partner, parent, child, brother or sister.
Injury - A bodily injury confirmed by a doctor that prevents you from attending the booked event.
Public Transport Network – Any mode of public transport other than public hire taxis licensed for public use on which
you had planned to travel to a booked event.
Ticket – A non-refundable, authorised ticket that was purchased from us where Booking Refund Protection has been purchased at the same time as purchasing the Ticket(s).
We/us/our – The booking vendor with whom you made the booking.
What will we refund?
We will refund the cost of your booking if you are unable to attend a booked event due to:
• unexpected disruption of the public transport network you could not have reasonably known about before the date of the time of the booked event;
• the death, injury, or illness happening to you, a member of your immediate family or any person(s) in the group due to attend the booked event with you;
• the mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft en route of a private vehicle taking you to the booked event;
• jury service which you were unaware of at the time of the booking;
• burglary or fire at your residence in the 48 hours immediately before the booked event that required the attendance of the emergency services;
• you being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness which you were unaware of at the time of
• you being a member of the armed forces and being posted overseas unexpectedly;
• adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police services or other Government agency have issued warnings not to travel. You must provide confirmation of relevant road closures from the Police or the relevant Government agency;
• you being relocated permanently for work by your employer at the time of booking more than 100 miles from the booked event which you were unaware of at the time of booking or you are unexpectedly made redundant.
What will we not refund?
We will not provide a refund where:
• you cannot provide a doctor’s report for injury or illness;
• you cannot return all unused tickets or vouchers forming part of the booking;
• you cannot provide evidence of the unused tickets when applying for a refund;
• the booked event is cancelled, abandoned, postponed, curtailed or relocated;
• you decide not to attend a booked event other than for a reason included within this Booking Refund Protection;
• you are prevented from travelling to a booked event due to disruption of the public transport network which is public knowledge prior to the booked event;
• you can recover any part of the booking;
• in our reasonable opinion, you did not allow sufficient time to travel to a booked event;
• you carry out a criminal act which prevents you attending a booked event;
• you are prevented from travelling to a booked event due to an outbreak of a contagious disease and the
Government or any agency acting on behalf of the Government has imposed a ban on travel;
• you make a false or fraudulent refund application or support a refund application by false or fraudulent document, device or statement;
• you submit your refund request more than 45 days after the booked event.
We will not pay for travelling or associated expenses (unless travel costs are included as part of the total booking price), or any loss other than the purchase price, including booking fee, of the booked event.
We will not pay any consequence of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolutions, insurrection, military or usurped power, riot, civil commotion, strikes, lockout, terrorism, malicious intent or vandalism, confiscation or nationalisation of or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority.
We will not pay any costs you incur in submitting or providing evidence to support your refund application.
a) you must make all necessary arrangements to arrive at the event on time.
b) you must not be aware of any material fact, matter or circumstance, at the time Booking Refund Protection is purchased, which may give rise to a refund request.
c) you must take all reasonable precautions to prevent or reduced any request for a refund. d) unless we agree otherwise:
i) the language of this document and all communications relating to it will be English; and
ii) all aspects of the contract, including negotiation and performance, are subject to English laws and the decisions of English courts.
Requesting a Refund
You must log into www.bookingprotect.com/refund and fill in and submit the Refund Application Form as soon as possible after becoming aware of circumstances that may lead you to request a refund but no more than 45 days after the booked event.
You will be asked to provide at your own expense the following within 45 days of registering your refund application:
• the original unused tickets and vouchers for all parts of the booking;
• a doctor’s report where your refund request is for injury or illness or a death certificate where your refund request is for death;
• an official notice from the transport service provider in the event of delay, cancellation, mechanical
breakdown or accident in relation to the public transport network;
• for the breakdown of a private vehicle, a vehicle recovery service report (AA, RAC or equivalent), copy of garage repair bill or parts receipt or in the case of vehicle repairers or police;
• the original jury invitation inviting you to be a juror;
• in the event of a burglary the police report with crime reference number;
• the original witness summons requesting you to appear in court;
• confirmation of relevant road closures from the Police or the relevant Government agency if requesting a refund due to an official weather warning being issued;
• any reasonable additional evidence that we ask for.